Friday 13 June 2014

A trip to our local open air swimming pool

The weather today was beautiful and as both my husband and I had a day off work, we decided to make the most of it and go to our local open air swimming pool.

With a packed lunch and a good book to read we set off to hopefully spend an enjoyable afternoon swimming, sunbathing reading and relaxing.

On the terraces, rising up around the pool, we found a quiet spot and staked out our territory with our towels.

We had a lovely afternoon, alternating between swimming in the pool, sunbathing and reading our books.

One area of the pool looked really appealing, a small kiosk selling refreshment, surrounded by tables and chairs with umbrellas. Hanging baskets of flowers adorned the walls and shade was provided by palm plants in tall pots.  

We had a lovely afternoon and it felt like we were on holiday.

Interestingly enough, a couple of young women in thier 20's were sat a few feet away. As I was sunbathing their conversation drifted my way. They were both obviously unhappy in their jobs and discussing what they could do for an alternative. One said "I need to find a way to get rich".

I don't think becoming rich is the answer. You can spend a very large part of your life chaing money and your life quickly passes by. I prefer to make the most of everyday. To me that is true riches. Whilst not rich, far from it, I have adjusted my lifestyle with the aim of living a more gentler lifestyle.

For me, my afternoon at the pool felt like being on holiday and at a cost of only £5 for entry, I didn't need to be a multi millionaire to gain entry.

It was a lovely afternoon and by the end, I felt relaxed and at peace.

In the evening, we ate out on our balcony overlooking the estuary, and enjoyed a coffee as we watched a beautiful sunset.

Several birds live on the estuary and as we sat quietly, we spotted the local heron and kestral fly past.

It was the perfect end to a lovely and gentle day.

Did you have any gentle times in your day?



No comments:

Post a Comment